- Organizational Structure
- Functions & Responsibilities
- Meetings & Minutes
- Information Officers (RTI)
- Legal Frame Work
- Other Legislations
- Perspectives in Higher Education
- KSHEC Reports
- GEM KERALA 2016
- Higher Education Scholarship
- Ongoing Programmes
- Data Bank-Edusearch
- Talks/ Articles
- Training Programme
- Erudite Scheme
- Related Links
- Image Gallery
The Kerala State Higher Education Council was constituted by the Government of Kerala as per Notification G.O.(P) No.37/2007/H.Edn. dated 16th March,2007 in accordance with the Kerala State Higher Education Council Ordinance, 2007 (Ordinance 2 of 2007).
Organizational Structure of the Council
Patron: His Excellency, the Governor of Kerala
Visitor: Hon. Chief Minister of Kerala
Chairman: Hon. Minister for Education
The Council consists of three bodies namely:
(1) Advisory Council: This is a 32 member body consisting of the Chief Minister, Minister for Education, Minister for Health, Minister for Law, Minister for Agriculture, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, representatives of the members of the Parliament from the State, members of the State legislature (with reservation for SC/ST, and woman) , members of three tier Panchayaths, members of Municipalities, members of Corporations and eminent personalities from different walks of life . The Advisory Council will be responsible for giving guidance to the Council and to evaluate and suggest corrective measures to ensure the proper functioning of the Council.
(2) Governing Council: This is a 35 member high power body chaired by the Minister for Education ,with all Vice-Chancellors of the State Universities, educationalists (with reservation for SC/ST and woman) elected representatives of the Academic Councils of State Universities, nominated representatives of student unions (with reservation for woman) higher officials of the State in the ranks of Secretaries and Directors of various departments, as members. This body is responsible for taking final decision on all policy matters on behalf of the Council.
(3) Executive Council: This is a 9 member body chaired by the Vice-Chairman of the Council. Apart from the Vice-Chairman, this body will include a full time member secretary, five part-time members, one Vice-Chancellor and the Secretary to Government, Higher Education. The Executive Council will be responsible for the day to day functioning of the Council. The Council will send one of its members to the Syndicate of each University.